January 5, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Growing up one of my favorite things to do during Christmas time was to get a cup of hot chocolate, a warm blanket, and plop myself on the couch in my parents front room and just look at all the Christmas decorations. My mom has done an amazing job of transforming their home into a Christmas wonderland. My brother always says a picture of the front room should be in a magazine. I must agree, it is just magical!

I don't have all the decor my mama does, but we are working on it. Since our first Christmas together Chris and I have tried to get something new to decorate our home for Christmas each year. This year we got a few new somethings. Here are a few highlights of how our little apartment looked this holiday season. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Candy cane lights on our patio banister. Candy canes make me so happy.


Got this from the awesome Tai Pan with my gift card from LAST CHRISTMAS! oOsP!

A Decker/Danish Christmas tradition. Everyday we light the candle and blow it out once the number of the day is gone. When the candle is gone Christmas is here! We loved to light the candle growing up.

Our stockings hung on our self with care. Thanks Mom Suchan for making the tags! They look great!

Christmas Tree, OH Christmas Tree!

It is now time to take our Christmas decor down. I don't "...cry the day that I take the tree down..." but I agree with the Forgotten Carols song that says "...I want this Season to last all year round." I love spirit of giving, the time with family, and that our thoughts are turned toward Savior and His birth. What a wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love the candle! And your tree is gorgeous! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete