The morning after Decker Christmas we were at Shalynn and Biege's getting ready to go back for more Christmas fun. Logan ran into the bathroom and told Chris and I he needed to throw up...he proceeded to throw up every 30 minutes for the next 24 hours. The next morning (Sunday,) after a very rough night, we decided Logan needed to go to an Insta-care. He was not keeping anything down and he was so dehydrated that he didn't have tears when he cried. We were so thankful to be in "The Big City" were there was an Insta-care and where we had family to watch Paige. Before we left we thought it would be best if Logan got a blessing. We talked to Logan about what a blessing was and asked if he would like one. He then look at Chris and Biege and said "Daddy and Jungle Biege will you please give me a blessing so Jesus can help me feel better and I can drink some white milk?" Such a tender moment. (He was so thirsty all he could think about was drinking milk! funny and so sad.)
We went just down the road from ShaBiege's to the Riverton Hospital Insta-care. After Logan threw up in the waiting room a couple times they red flagged the poor guy and got us right in. They gave him a miracle drug that made him stop throwing up (Zofran,) 2 Otter Pops and, ta da! He was our boy again! When I was Logan's age I loved Otter Pops. I could eat them endlessly. This kid is not an Otter Pop or popsicle fan. He tried to convince the doctor 10+ times he didn't really need the Otter Pops. He muscled a green and then a blue Otter Pop down so he could finally have a drink of water! It was so cute watching him push himself to finish.
After a much needed meal of crackers and bananas and a good night sleep our Logan was himself again. Pretty sure after this tummy bug I know all the tricks in the book to help a sick kiddo feel better. If only I could get Zofran without a prescription. We were sad our Christmas holiday with the Decker came to a screeching halt, but we were glad Logan had a speedy recovery!

No comments:
Post a Comment